Event Info & Register
- Free admittance. The hiring fair is open to job seekers (military, gov’t civilians, contractors, family members) that already have access to the Pentagon. Transition Careers can’t provide access for job seekers, regardless of pre-registration.
- Free, anonymous job seeker account on Transition Careers’s national job board. All the employers we deal with nationwide can access our job board. Furthermore, the Transition Careers job board is networked with 1000+ other job boards whose employers can view the resumes on our site.
- Ability to meet defense industry and military friendly employers at the event, build your network, explore job and professional development opportunities.
- Free Resume Critique by Expert Resume Solutions.Transitions Careers has partnered with Expert Resume Solutions (ERS) to provide all job seeker clients with a FREE Resume Critique! Expert Resume Solutions (ERS) provides a wide array of Career Services. They specialize in the development of keyword optimized resumes and cover letters.To obtain your FREE Resume Critique and/or a quote, simply click the button below or submit your resume online using our secure resume submission form: Click Here For Resume Critique Submission Form
- Free Multiple Job Search Agents. The newest job postings from hundreds of job boards and websites across the internet sent to your email every day!
- Customizable search terms to target only jobs you want to receive.
- Create up to 20 different job search agents!
- Real jobs. No multi-level-marketing or pay-for-hire.
- Always 100% FREE.
JOB SEEKERS REGISTER
Must Register Online To Attend And To Share Your Resume With Employers
Even If You Can’t Attend, Register & Upload Your Resume
Register by taking a brief survey, upload your resume and select which event(s) you are planning to attend.
Subscribe to your personalized job alert emails today. Just go to the link below and enter your job search information: www.TransitionCareers.com/job-alerts/
Google Maps To Fort Sam Houston Golf Course
Fort Sam Houston Golf Course
1050 Harry Wurzbach Road
San Antonio, TX 78209
GOOGLE MAPS to Fort Sam Houston Golf Course – https://goo.gl/maps/n7rvvHnTQHA2
From the San Antonio International Airport/Points South
- Take I-410 E
- Take EXIT 24 toward Harry Wurzbach Rd/Ft Sam Houston.
- Merge onto NE Loop 410.
- Stay straight to go onto Harry Wurzbach Rd.
- Fort Sam Houston Golf Club, 1050 HARRY WURZBACH RD is on the left.
Tips & Job Seeker FAQs
GENERAL TIPS FOR JOB SEEKERS
- Business or military attire is highly recommended when attending the event. Admission is free.
- Bring many copies of your resume to hand out to employers & arrive early to maximize your interviewing time at the event.
- Be prepared to visit with the companies & organizations of your choice by researching them in advance. Typically we post the registered exhibitors and partial list of jobs being offered 1-2 days before the event.
- Pre-register online. This will allow all the employers at the hiring fair to get an electronic copy of your resume. It also saves you time when you arrive at the event.
- We encourage you to invite your friends, colleagues & family members who are experienced professionals with an active clearance.
- The evening before the event, get a good night’s sleep. The morning of the event try to eat a healthy breakfast and exercise.
DURING THE CAREER FAIR
- Go alone, if you go with family or friends walk the fair alone.
- Review the physical layout of the career fair and plan the ‘Who’and ‘When’.
- Observe tables and listen to questions, network with other attendees.
- Don’t assume a company does not have open positions in your field. Network to find out who you could contact.
- When greeting a recruiter, introduce yourself and look confident by initiating a handshake with a smile.
- Express your interest by demonstrating your knowledge of the organization.
- Relate your skills, interests and experiences to the specific needs of the employer.
- Relax, speak slowly and confidently.
- Listen and ask relevant questions about the company and the position.
- Take notes.
- Ask the company what the next step is and how to follow up.
- Get appropriate contact information and ask for a business card.
THIRTY SECOND PITCH
- Opportunities that you are seeking
- Relevant experience
- Highlights of skills and strengths
- A significant achievement
- Knowledge of the company
MAXIMIZE THE CAREER FAIR
To maximize the brief time you have with each employer you need to know how your skills and interests meet their needs. Don’t just concentrate on the BIG names, there are often great opportunities with companies with which you are not familiar. End your pitch by asking a focused question that will engage the employer in conversation. “Could you tell me more about the new (product) you are developing?” “Could you tell me more about your financial management training program?”
Conduct yourself professionally at all times. Remember, you could be making an impression while you are standing in line or walking around the fair. Your ATTITUDE is important. Be positive, enthusiastic and friendly. ENERGY! Practice your 30 second pitch and incorporate positive non-verbal communication, such as eye contact, facial expressions, body language, posture etc.
AFTER THE CAREER FAIR
- Send a thank you note and reconfirm interest in the position and the company.
- Send another copy (or if you used business cards send a copy) of your resume targeted to the position you discussed.
- Within a week follow up with a phone call if you have not heard from them.
- Wing It!
- Ask what the company does
- Ask if the company has any jobs
- When asked what type of position you are seeking, DON’T say you would be willing to do anything
- Carry your backpack, large purse, or too much stuff
- Arrive at the end of the day
- Dress casually
- Ask questions about salary and benefits
- Only Grab the free stuff
The founder of Transition Careers, LLC is Mr. Jason Semerakis. He is a U.S. Navy dependent with a dynamic career spanning 20+ years supporting the U.S. Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, Federal Agencies and Government Contractors in the USA and Europe.
He has worked with the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, National Guard, Reserves, Dept of Veteran Affairs, CIA, DIA, NSA, FBI, Joint Chiefs of Staff, State Department, and Department of Justice to name a few. Mr. Semerakis has helped facilitate and pioneer hiring fairs, conferences, technology expositions, special events, outreach services and various networking opportunities between the federal government and the private sector.
Mr. Semerakis is a current and active volunteer as an Employer Outreach Coordinator with the Department of Defense’s, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) in Nevada. Professional organizations he is active and engages with includes Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA), Association of the US Army (AUSA), Air Force Association (AFA), National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), The Navy League of the US and many other defense community organizations.
Below is a list of past and present military installations where we have organized events.
U.S. AIR FORCE
Barksdale Air Force Base
Creech Air Force Base
Edwards Air Force Base
Hanscom Air Force Base
Los Angeles Air Force Base
Luke Air Force Base
MacDill Air Force Base
March Air Reserve Base
Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base
Nellis Air Force Base
Offutt Air Force Base
Peterson Air Force Base
Scott Air Force Base
Vandenberg Air Force Base
Wright Patterson Air Force Base
Aberdeen Proving Ground
U.S. MARINE CORPS
Camp H.M. Smith
Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton
Marine Corps Base Hawaii
Naval Air Station Patuxent River
Naval Base San Diego
Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling
Joint Base Andrews
Joint Base Langley-Eustis
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam
Joint Base San Antonio – Lackland
Joint Base San Antonio – Randolph
Joint Base San Antonio – Fort Sam Houston
National Guard Bureau
U.S. Southern Command
U.S. Pacific Command
U.S. Northern Command
U.S. Transportation Command
U.S. Strategic Command
U.S. Central Command
U.S. Special Operations Command
Below is a list of just some of our repeat, satisfied employer clients. These organizations have repeatedly recruited at our events, utilized our job board, or purchased resume access.
Transition Careers, LLC and the founder have been awarded and recognized many times by the U.S. Senate.